GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
Schofield's Waste/Recycling Carrier is Harter's Fox Valley Disposal
Pickup Day: FRIDAYS
Residents are provided with (1) 65 Gallon Trash Cart (blue cart with BLACK lid) and (1) 95 Gallon Recycling Cart (blue cart with GREEN lid).
Garbage and Recycling needs to be curbside by 6:00am on the scheduled pickup day to guarantee pickup, as pickup will begin at 6:00am.
- Please place trash cart as indicated in the picture, with the bar and lid opening street side. Recycling needs to be placed 3 feet from the trash cart on the same side of the driveway for collection. The collection system will require that the provided cart is mechanically picked up and then tipped into the truck. Residents are required to use provided carts for their household garbage.
- Place your cart(s) to maintain a (3) foot separation from obstructions, including other carts, mailboxes, parked cars, trees and snow banks.
- These carts are the property of Harter's, for cart repair or rental of additional cart; please call (715)253-2619 or (888)804-8556. In the event you relocate, these carts are to stay with the property.
- Holiday collection will be delayed on day, if the Holiday is on a weekend, for the following Holidays. Holidays are New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
The follwing items may be mixed together:
- #1-#7 plastics
- All plastic bottles & containers
- Soda, water, and other drink bottles
- Dairy containers & lids
- Food & household bottles
- Jars & jugs
- Produce, bakery & deli containers
- Clear, brown or green bottles and jars
- Soda, beer, juice and other glass food containers
- Blue, green, rose and yellow tinted glass
- All aluminum cans
- All steel or bi-metal cans
- Metal lids and bottle caps
- Aerosol cans, Empty, Non-pesticide, NO caps
- Newspaper and inserts
- Magazines and books
- Junk mail and evelopes
- Phone books and catalogs
- Writing paper and copier paper
- Corrugated cardboard - Flatten boxes. Must be maximum of 2ft x 3ft in size. Please bind together. (All contaminated cardboard incuding pizza boxes should go in your regular trash.)
Do Not Put into Recycling Carts
- Plastic film or shrink wrap
- Any # plastic bag
- Plastic straws, plates or silverware
- Drink pouches
- Foam or Polystrene
- Aluminum baking pans or foil
- Mirror or window glass
- Motor oil containers
- Light bulbs
***USED MOTOR OIL WILL NOT BE COLLECTED CURBSIDE***
- Large Household items will be collected on every other Tuesday at the expense of the resident. Pricing for these large household items are as follows Furniture (i.e. couch, table dresser, bed frame, mattress, box spring, bike, push mower (no gas/oil), toilet, sink), Electronics (i.e. TV, stereo, printer, monitor, CPU tower) or Non-Freon Appliances (i.e. stove, microwave, washer, dryer, compactor,, dishwasher, humidifier, water heater, water conditioner) will be $30.00 per item and Freon Appliances (i.e. refrigerator, dehumidifier, freezer) will be $50.00 per item.
- Residents are to call Harter's at (715)253-2619 or (888)804-8556 to schedule their large item pick up, payment is required before pick-up. The cut off will be 2:00pm Monday the day prior to pickup day.
- Demo material, yard waste, and wate oil cannot be accepted. See the yard waste page for more information and for demo material removal, call Harter's office for pricing on a roll off dumpster.
- Carts size changes will be allowed only after a 90 day period following the initial drop off. The fees for exchanges are $40 and are to be paid directly to Harter's. Additional rental carts are also available. Please call Harter's for pricing.
Marathon County Solid Waste & Recycling Information Line:
Marathon County Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
R18500 E. Hwy 29
Common hazardous wastes that are accepted at the facility:
The following items are collected as part of the Marathon HHW Collection program at no charge to residents in Marathon County. If items are usable they may be added to our Choose to ReUse area. Next time you need just a small amount of something check out our Choose to ReUse area. We just might have what you are looking for.
- Oil/gas mixtures exceeding 5 gallons
- Cleaning Solvents
- Drain Cleaners
- Dry Cleaning Fluids
- Gun Cleaners
- Metal cleaners
- Mildew cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Floor/furniture polish
- Nail polish removers
- Oil-based paint
- Hobby materials/chemicals
- Photography chemicals
- Aerosol paint cans with paint in it (empties can be recycled)
Items never accepted:
- Compressed fuel cylinders
- Latex paint
- Fire extinguishers (if empty take to landfill to recycle as scrap for free)
- Medical waste
- Radioactive material
- Water-based stains or caulks
NOTE: Sharps are accepted at the Marathon County Solid Waste Department. Put them in a commercial sharps disposal container on sale at most pharmacies or in a heavy plastic detergent or bleach bottle with a screw-on cap for sealing tightly. No milk jugs or other thin plastic. Do not separate the needle from the syringe. Label the container with “biohazard,” “infectious waste,” or “sharps."